Samsung Experience 9.0 upgrade with Android Oreo
Samsung Experience 9.0 brings you Android Oreo, with exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you.
We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe during the upgrade.
Some apps, including Samsung Internet, Samsung Notes, and Email, should be updated individually before you can update your OS.
– The user settings for Easy mode may be removed on the new OS. You may need to set them again after the OS upgrade.
– The Weather widget version update will remove the Weather widget from the home screen. Drag the Weather widget into the home screen after you update your OS.
– Added the app icon for SmartThings.
– Your Lock screen theme may be removed after the new OS version. You may need to select the theme again after the upgrade.
– The OneNote is deleted, it can be download from Galaxy Apps store.
– The OneDrive are deleted.
Here’s what’s new.
– Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
– Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons are linked with the notification panel. Clear a notification in one location, and it will also be cleared in the other location.
– The toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– The GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
– View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
– In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed have been added.